Sunday 2 April 2017

Pizza Eaters & Boss Kitty Creator Fair




A few weeks ago I was contacted via my artist facebook page about whether I'd be interested in taking part in a 'creators fair' at Fruit in Hull. At first glance I wasn't so sure given how my last comic fair event went at Park Plaza Hotel, however this event seems so much more suited to my practice. As well as other art-y stall holders at the event, there will be live music from a couple of local punk bands. The vibe of this event seems much more suited to my work than the comic fair so I've agreed to go down. The stall is also free, and it gives me an opportunity to do some networking too which can only be a positive thing!

I'd like to have some art 'holders' this time for some of my work. Plastic stands etc to put my zines in rather than laying them flat on the table. I'd love to have a stall similar to Kristyna's one day that's full to the brim with work that fits well together! At the minute I think my stall looks a little boring; that's something I'd like to work on post-uni too!

Kristyna's Stall set up at Northern Craft at Northern Monk Brewery

I don't feel like I have enough work to justify this yet, but moving forward I've also thought about investing in a Paypal Here Chip and Pin. They're very similar to regular chip and pin devices (also contactless) that allow people to pay with their card at events such as these, with the money going straight into your paypal account. Paypal take a cut (around 3%) per transaction, but I think this more than fair seeing as the machine itself is only around £50 and then you just pay the cut per transaction. Most commercial card readers have a monthly fee, so I think this offers a great alternative and makes your work a lot easier to buy!!

Details of the event


No comments:

Post a Comment